The 2014 season is now fast approaching! We know we've had a long winter break but feel it was the right thing to do to allow the ground which has been heavily saturated due to the winter rain. See below what we've been up to, details of sprint events and the famous 12 Hour Race!
What have the committee been up to?
During the winter we have undertaken a number of tasks, some more obvious than others.
- Trailer has had an overhaul in an attempt to make it lighter with only the equipment we really need at race weekends.
- Trailer fitted with permanent wireless connectivity so we can provide live results at each race weekend. The transponder system is also now mounted in the trailer requiring less setup each weekend.
- The engine Dyno work is in progress, and results will be available once completed.
- Additional WiFi equipment purchased for the 12 hour to give better coverage along the pit lane.
- Revamped website, hopefully making it more intuitive and appealing to users.
- Airing of the Warwick Davis 12 Hour TV programme on ITV, which you can see it here.
- Overhaul of the endurance points system to weight it fairly depending on the race distance. Details can be found in the 2014 Handbook.
The season starts on the 7th June at Landy Live in Stratford Upon Avon. Race entry is now open so please begin to get your entries in online. Remember you will need Full club membership to enter sprint events which can be completed online. Further race events will begin opening shortly in the coming week. Further details of the sprint calendar can be found here. As usual the events team have worked tirelessly to find new interesting events whilst retaining existing good venues, if you ever know of a potential venue please get in touch.
Planning has been underway for several months already organising suppliers, logistics and reviewing lessons learnt from last year. Entries are now open online for this years event on 9th August, as usual we will run a tiered payment system.
1st April - 9th June - £130
10th June - 9th July - £145
10th July - 4th August - £160
Supplementary regulations are available here. All racers will be required to have a minimum of BLMRA Endurance Membership to compete in any of our 2014 Endurance events prior to completing your entry online.
Shortly we will be releasing the posters and adverts for the event and would ask you as always to help distribute these. At the start of the race each team has been subsidised by more than £200 so we rely on gate entry to help fund the event, so please get your entry in promptly to help us guarantee the event.
That's enough from us now, hope the final few weekends of race preparation go smoothly and we look forward to seeing you all at our events during 2014.
The BLMRA Race Commitee